- Students are liable for any damage that they cause to University property and may need to pay replacement or restoration costs.
- Students representing an informal or organized group that sponsors a social event are liable for any damage to University property that occurs in connection with that event.
- Students are expected to assist staff by accepting responsibility for damage to University property, and to identify those students who are responsible for such damage.
- Extensive or recurring damage to community areas may result in charges being incurred by the community and possible disciplinary action.
Theft & Stolen Property
- Theft or unauthorized use of University or others' personal property is prohibited.
- The Colorado State University Police Department (CSUPD) will be informed of all cases of stolen property.
- The police may choose to refer the student to the student conduct system or file charges.
- The University is not responsible for loss or damage of personal property.
- Please see information about Renter’s Insurance for additional guidance.
- All furniture located in public areas must remain in those locations.
- Removal of furniture from designated areas will be considered theft.
Pranks & Practical Jokes
Individual or group pranks and practical jokes that may lead to any of the following are not permitted:
- Actual or perceived harassment
- Damage to University property
- Damage to personal property
- Damage that requires abnormal and/or unnecessary cleaning of residence hall buildings and facilities