There are several items of note that need to be taken care of before you arrive on campus at Move-In.

Hall Contract Guidelines

All residence hall students must sign the residence hall contract upon arrival to campus. Please familiarize yourself with the information listed on the Hall Contract Guidelines page.

Immunization Policy/Meningitis Information

Colorado state law requires all students who were born on or after January 1, 1957 to provide proof of two vaccinations for measles, mumps, and rubella prior to enrollment at CSU. The completed immunization record must:

  • Include your name and birth date.
  • Show proof of two vaccinations for measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) given no earlier than 4 days before the student's first birthday. There must be at least 28 calendar days between the two vaccinations.
  • Include the day, month, and year of vaccinations.
  • Be signed by a doctor, nurse, or school official and dated after the last MMR.

Additionally, college students who live in residence halls are at increased risk of contracting meningococcal disease. The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommends that all incoming students who will be living in the residence halls be vaccinated against this deadly bacteria. Since 2011, the CDC has recommended that if a student has received a meningococcal vaccine before age 16, he or she should receive a one-time booster dose, preferably between ages 16 and 18. If the first dose was given after the 16th birthday, a booster is not needed.

For further information about these and other vaccines, please contact the Immunizations Clinic at the CSU Health Network.
Phone: (970) 491-6548
Fax: (970) 491-0268

Renter's Insurance

All students living in the residence halls should consider insurance to cover personal items (bikes, books, computers, electronics, etc.) that may be lost, damaged, and/or destroyed by accident, theft, or other means. The University does not cover students' personal items. Family homeowner policies may provide coverage or renter's insurance and/or personal property coverage can be purchased for a nominal fee.

Please refer to the Residence Hall Policies page for additional information and insurance providers.